Friday, December 11, 2009

Thankful

As most of you know, things here are pretty tough right now. We are beyond broke, I've gained weight, etc. With all of that there are many many things I am thankful for and I want to focus on the positive.

I am thankful my kids don't feel the effects of our economic state. Aside from saying no to Dunkin Donuts and eating out they really don't know the difference.

I am thankful to weigh a lot less now than I did a year ago.

I am thankful that I won't hate the way I look in photos at Xmas this year.

I am thankful that this year I don't have to worry about having a reliable vehicle.

I am thankful for some great friendships that have formed this year.

I am thankful that I have two little boys who "love me to the moon and back" and request to cuddle on a daily basis.

I am thankful that starting my own photo. business was successful and I made enough money to buy some presents for my boys for Xmas.

I am thankful for the support of people who read this blog.

There are many more things I am thankful for but that's what pops up right away in my mind. We may be poor in terms of money but we are rich in so many other ways that are much more important.

4 comments:

  1. you do look amazing and what a great list. we've tried to keep our kids from knowing the economic strain on our family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great thing to do! I found a journal from high school...a gratitude journal...that Oprah told me to do. it didnt last very long, but sometimes it is so easy to write about the bad and it can make you feel really good to write the good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list and a great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete