Saturday, June 6, 2009

Funk


I've been in a funk all week. I'm not even enjoying my own company, bah. There are many contributing factors but I won't bore you with my ho-hum blah-ness. Instead, I'll update you on surgery.

First, I'm still waiting to hear what the insurance company has decided. I hope it doesn't take too long to get word.
Second, I saw my primary care doc. and she put me on BP meds to help with the insurance approval. Truth is I kind of needed them anyway but just hate being on meds.
Third, I got my paperwork in the mail and have a pre-op assessment on June 23rd which is also the same day I start my pre-op diet (more on that next time) and the same day big guy starts t-ball. I'll get weighed that day and if I have gained since my last weigh in they cancel my surgery. UGH. It's just so stressful. I did not eat well this week and put on a few pounds so today I went back to making careful decisions in the food department. I have 2 full weeks until then so I know I'll knock off the few I re-gained and I hope to lose a few more. I know I CAN and WILL do it but sometimes it's so all consuming it makes me want to ScReAm!

So that's where things stand for now. I'm trying to wrap my head around this whole process. Right now I'm focusing on pre-op diet and recovery. It's a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment