Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Butt Hurts

Well it's not quite my butt, have you ridden a bike lately? Ouch. It's a good thing though, it's exercise and man do I need it. Yesterday I started walking in the mornings again and then last night when all I really wanted to do was sit on the couch and snack I hopped on my bike. I can only muster about 20-30 minutes of riding, without major hills, but it's a start. I hope to get back out there again tonight. I do feel a little self conscious-hey look at the lard ass on the bike- but I keep saying to myself "you could be on the couch eating chips, at least you are DOING something about it." That helps, some. Let's also hope that it helps the scale ;)

I really don't have much else to say. My life has really come together and I am happy :) I have great friends, my kids have friends, I get to go out, they get to go out, I'm managing the home well, things are just moving right along and most of the time I have a smile on my face. I'm getting out and living my life and am excited to enter the next phase of my life with the lap band. I can't wait to do more and more as the weight comes off. It's an exciting time.

2 comments: