Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Friends Make All the Difference

I've been on this journey for quite some time. I have been trying to lose weight nearly all of my life and I started on the lap band journey last November. I'm getting close to, I hope, surgery but as was expected some of my supporters have wained. Some were never really supporters at all, they said they were, then they ate donuts while I sat and watched. Others, still claim to be supportive, but suggest we get ice cream for dinner, repeatedly. It's so hard, I get it. No one can be as consumed with it on a daily basis as I am. It is nice however that some of my friends are still talking about it with me and are proud of me for what I am doing. I got teary the other day after hearing my friends talking about it while we were all together. They were so positive and encouraging. One admitted she wished she could better understand what I was going through but just couldn't. I get that too. I wish I could understand how being 5'9" and 100 pounds is fat. We all have our issues.......

So to my friends (you know who you are) thank you. Thank you for not making me feel fat, for loving me for who I am, for reminding me that I still have people in my corner, and most of all for being there. You ladies are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment