Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yo-yo

I never could master a yo-yo as a child. Things have NOT changed. I have been yo-yo-ing with 3-5 pounds and am so stuck it's sickening. I have been doing well on the diet front and still I bounce up and down on the scale. I can't get lower than 282 and it's starting to drive me CrAzY.

The weather here is finally starting to change. With the change I am hoping/planning to get out walking again. I had given up on walks for a bit b/c the sidewalks were solid ice and as fun as breaking something would be I decided to stay safe and indoors. I'll start today whether or not I get a walking buddy to go with me. I've also been outside more with the boys and I'm hoping just that slight increase in movement will help.

This week I had a decent amount of money to grocery shop with and it made a huge difference. I was able to buy healthy foods I know I will want to eat and again, have hope it will make a difference.

In other news, life is pretty good right now. My father passed away over a year ago and his probate case finally closed a week ago. It didn't make me rich by any means but things are definitely better. I was able to put a down payment on a new car and I got a new laptop. Both my old car and laptop were limping along and sometimes needed to be shocked back to life. It has been nice to have the newer things and know that I can rely on them. Things have been tight financially for some time. It's a small price to pay for being able to stay home with my boys. This gift from my dad has helped a lot and I still get teary when I think that maybe, just maybe my luck is changing and good things are really happening.

On the surgery front since I am so incredibly stuck I am guessing I will end up on the operating table sometime this summer. I'm not thrilled with the idea but I have to do what I have to do. I was supposed to attend another group meeting the other day and skipped it. I just couldn't do it that day, my heart wasn't in it. There's another one next month that I have to go to in order to keep my surgeon's appt. I will go, no excuses.

So that's all from here. What's happening in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment