Sunday, March 15, 2009

Plan

Some time ago I came up with a new twist on my eating plan. I had not put it into practice, until today.

I can have a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and I usually make it to lunch before I eat again. The problem is that once I start eating at lunch I can't stop. From 12ish-4ish I am hungry hungry hungry. By the time dinner rolls around at 5:30 I'm full or slightly hungry. Hmmm......

The new plan is to eat my largest meal at lunch time. This means making my own meal or eating a plate leftover from dinner the night before. Now I know this is kind of a no brainer. If you are hungrier at lunch eat more, less hungry at dinner eat less. It sounds simple but to actually put it into practice is difficult. I have a family, with children, and we eat family dinners at the table. I am hoping that it won't be a huge deal and they won't really notice that mommy is eating a tiny serving or perhaps a bowl of cereal instead. What really matters about family dinner time is the family part, not the food part.

I started this today. I made turkey meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs later in the week. I had 4 meatballs in a little red sauce for lunch and a plate of raw veggies. Here's hoping it's enough and that this new plan of mine will work.

3 comments:

  1. Not trying to toss a wrench into what seems like a workable plan, but are you sure the problem isn't breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still cheering for you, by the way. You ARE strong, even though you may not feel it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate any and ALL feedback Tony :) I am not a breakfast person, not hungry, not able to eat much without feeling ill. So....perhaps the problem is there but I don't see it as an easy fix since I'd rather not be nauseous every morning :) Thanks for the comment and support, I know I'm strong I just don't feel like I am living up to my potential right now and it sucks.

    ReplyDelete