Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm ready to get my ass kicked....

Into high gear that is....

There's a fitness studio within walking distance of my house. They offer group classes and personal training. Unfortunately they are a bit on the pricey side. After much thought I have made an appointment for a fitness evaluation on Monday. From there my trainer and I will decide if 1) I would ever survive the adult classes offered and 2) if personal training is the best bet. I can't afford to do it for long but am hoping it will kick my ass for a few weeks and then I'll be able to carry it over and continue on my own. The great thing is that they don't have gym equipment, it's a good old fashioned drop and give me 20 kind of workout. That means it's stuff I'll be able to do at home too. I'm nervous about Monday and S nailed it tonight when she said "nervous about what, being judged?" Yup, you got it. Oh well, they've seen worse right? right?

So that's my big leap into the land of exercise. I'll keep walking as well but know I need more. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I've never gone to a gym. I think it'll be great. Who cares if you can keep up at first? Kwim? You do your best (maybe they'll do 20 in the time you can do 10, but so what? That's 10!)
    Best wishes!!!! I'm keeping up with you on here. It's such a hard battle to "win"...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep you head up! Everyone is at the gym for the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete