Thursday, January 1, 2009

Confession

Ugh, I did it. I went to the store and bought chocolate! Sigh. I went to get some stuff for the house and picked up a bag of Dove Chocolates that I HAD to have. I cracked the bag open on the way home and ate a few and then hid it in my purse. The guilt ate away at me though and as soon as I got in the house I handed them over to S and told her to do away with them. Phew, that was a close one.

I've been having a hard time with food lately. The holidays, Grandma's passing, being off my schedule with big guy on school break, etc. etc. etc. All excuses, and poor ones at that. I know part of the problem was that I got weighed when I went to my appt. and my next appt. is the 15th. I have until then to lose more weight and in my mind that meant I could take a little break. I know, I know, not the right thing to do. It's just sooooo hard. Even the social worker was talking about how hard it is to be hungry ALL the time.

So I turned over the chocolates and I am planning a re commitment to the healthy eating plan tomorrow. I should probably hit the grocery store and stock up on some good for me food too. I am also hoping to get my exercise bike up from storage and get moving on that. I am sure that will help a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Goo for you for turning over the chocolates! And, hey, I still owe you a subscription and I am doing it this week if it kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that would be GOOD for you. Stupid typos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jules! Good for you for handing them over! It is a hard time of year! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought--if Steve & Ken are still there today, feel free to ask them to bring the bike up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark chocolate has less sugar and thus fewer calories than milk or white chocolate. Go for plain bar dark chocolate with high cocoa content and smallest amount of sugar. A smaller square of that will go a lot further cause taste is more concentrated.

    ReplyDelete