Monday, December 22, 2008

STRESS

Do you stress eat? I do. Not as much as I used to, I learned a lot of coping skills in therapy but I still do it from time to time. I have friends who can't eat when stressed, I wish I were that lucky.

Today I stress ate. I didn't sleep well last night thanks to little guy getting up several times and the plow guy needing me to move my car around midnight. In total I got about 4 hours of sleep and was just exhausted come morning. So I started the day out on the wrong foot, in the wrong mood.

The day didn't get much better.

Mid-morning big guy started crying and complaining of ear pain. We ended up at the pediatrician and big guy has a full blown about to rupture ear infection in one ear. Little guys ears are red too. So off we went to the pharmacy to stand and wait 20 minutes for amoxicillin. Once home big guy had had enough and his behavior showed it. He was hurting and taking it out on everyone. Not a pretty sight.

In the midst of all of this I forgot to eat when I was supposed to and ended up grabbing things that were quick and easy when I could. It led to overeating and what I like to call crap eating. I turned to some comfort foods, chocolate chip granola bars for one and just didn't do what I was supposed to do health wise for the day.

Now, I am disappointed in myself but I know that identifying and admitting my problem areas is a good first step. I also keep saying something my therapist taught me. Instead of focusing on the things that went wrong focus on "the next right thing".

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there - there is always today to eat better! I definitely stress eat so I know all about it. It is a hard time of year! I hope the boys get better real fast! I am coming down with something myself - so annoying!

    ReplyDelete