Friday, June 18, 2010

A Wrench in the Works

So, here I am. Barely. The Zoloft was great for a bit and then things started going downhill again. Basically I have not felt well since last Fall and it's starting to wear on me. I'm being tested for lots of medical issues but so far nothing. Here are my symptoms:

1) Exhaustion (not just tired....we're talking nap every few hours and still want more EXHAUSTED)
2) hot flashes
3) almost passed out twice
4) headaches
5) feeling foggy or fuzzy ALL the time. It's like that feeling when you are just starting to get drunk and everything slows down a little. It's horrible.
6) nipple discharge ( I have NEVER had this before and it's lasted over a month)


That's most of it. I am really just tired all the time. I have no energy. None. I can't even think about exercise because quite frankly getting out of bed and showering usually results in napping. I have nothing left to give.

The tests I've had:

1) prolactin level: normal
2) TSH level: normal
3) blood count: normal except that my red cells were small and pale
4) Vitamin D level: waiting for result
5) B12 level: waiting for result

We've switched my antidepressant and while it is working for the depression everything else remains the same. My blood pressure is normal, my cholesterol slightly elevated.......hmmm.....can't think of what else.

I'm starting to feel like I am crazy and it's all in my head but I know it's not. I am also starting to feel like I may never get an answer or get better.

So that's why I've been away.

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I follow your blog and noticed it had been some time since your last post. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I hope you can get an answer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any new tests or ideas from your doctors? Thinking of you and doing some research too!

    ReplyDelete